I made this bread recipe yesterday and it turned out great!
1/2 Tbsp white sugar
3 Tbsp, rounded, SAF Instant yeast
3 1/2 c hot water (not too hot to touch)
1/2 c oil
1 c applesauce
1 Tbsp salt
1/2 c gluten flour
1 c white flour
8-9 c whole wheat flour
1/2 c brown sugar
In a small bowl mix salt, gluten flour and white flour, set aside. In large bowl add water, white sugar, and yeast, blend with whisk, then mix in oil and applesauce. Mix in white flour mixture. Add 4 c whole wheat flour and knead in completely. Now add the rest of the flour, 1 cup at a time until bread is sticky to the touch, but not sticking to the sides of the bowl. It will have the texture of gum that has been chewed for a while. The actual amount of flour will vary by day, and humidity in your area.
Now roll into loaf shapes and place in loaf pans. spray pans with cooking spray if they are metal or glass. I have stone pans (which I LOVE) so I don't need to. Spray plastic wrap with cooking spray and cover loaves. Let raise 30 minutes then bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Your bake time may vary by a few minutes, the trick is to make raising time and baking time equal. Makes 4 regular sized loaves.





I adapted this recipe from 3 other recipes I have gotten from friends.
ReplyDelete