Enjoy reading about the antics of four wild boys and the parents who love them.

Age 13

Age 13

B & Z

B & Z

Age 7

Age 7

Age 14

Age 14

Age 6

Age 6

tatertots and jello


eighteen25

our best bites

Nie Nie Dialogue

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, September 16, 2011

Night at the Beach

We took the kids to a local beach, there is one by our house but the sand is covered in snail shells, so not very comfortable to walk barefoot. We were watching a storm roll in, so it was windy and chilly. I dared the boys to go all the way under the water and they would get $1. It reminded me of my mom when she would dare us to try something new, different or scary. Nothing harmful, just stuff that would take us out of our comfort zone. I realized it helped me in this move, which has been and continues to be so far out of my comfort zone.
Anyway, the kids all did it, except for the youngest and he waded out to his waist. I was proud of them in that moment and I realized they would be ok. This move has been hard for all of them for different reasons. I see the struggles and wish I could somehow make it better. But, they are strong with bright minds, daring attitudes. They don't need me to make it better, they will do that with divine help and in their own way. So when they come in from the freezing water with grins and high-fives, I am content to know we'll be ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment