Enjoy reading about the antics of four wild boys and the parents who love them.

Age 13

Age 13

B & Z

B & Z

Age 7

Age 7

Age 14

Age 14

Age 6

Age 6

tatertots and jello


eighteen25

our best bites

Nie Nie Dialogue

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, September 23, 2011

Unpacking

The idea that unpacking your packed up home is like Christmas is a little disheartening. I have unpacked until my fingers are sore from opening and closing the blade. I must do this because the smaller boys would find an open blade very exciting, like they found throwing deck chairs off the deck to see how they bounced. Unfortunately they didn't bounce-they cracked. Now we're the owners of some broken chairs, while the owners of our house are the recipients of some brand new deck chairs. I love finding the things I have not known I was looking for. I opened a box the other day expecting to find the TV stand, only to find the Wii, DVD player and all the remotes and wires associated with the TV...just no stand. Now the kids were excited to have all these back, however it was null and void because we could not stand up the TV which was lying flat on the couch. Note to self, not a good idea with boys who like to test the elasticity of deck chairs...
I am not unpacking everything due to the fact that we downsized our house for the time being. A lot of our stuff is in storage, so it will be Christmas in July next year when we have to pack, load it all up again and then unpack it again. Moving is just like Christmas?!

1 comment:

  1. I understand just how you feel. Unpacking is not fun. Hang in there. We miss you!

    ReplyDelete