Enjoy reading about the antics of four wild boys and the parents who love them.

Age 13

Age 13

B & Z

B & Z

Age 7

Age 7

Age 14

Age 14

Age 6

Age 6

tatertots and jello


eighteen25

our best bites

Nie Nie Dialogue

Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Chunky Monkey Pancakes


Our blog isn't a food blog, however I made these this morning. The picture is not great, but the pancakes were delicious! My boys and husband love them, except for G because he is not a fan of chocolate. I am still trying to figure out if that's caused by a recessive gene, because it certainly didn't come from me or my husband. Here's the recipe:

Chunky Monkey Pancakes (makes 12-16)
1 1/2 cup applesauce
3 tsp baking powder
3 eggs
3 tsp ground flaxseed
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
3 Tbsp canola oil
1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp milk
3 Tbsp almond or peanut butter
1 cup oats
1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup mini chocolate chips

Preheat griddle to 375 degrees
Mix ingredients in the order they are listed. I used a stand mixer, but a hand mixer will work just as well. After the batter is well mixed, scoop about 1/3 cup pancakes onto the griddle. Cook until light brown on bottom, then flip. Enjoy with your favorite pancake toppings.

posted from Bloggeroid

2 comments:

  1. Lindsay,
    I don't like chocolate and neither does Britne. My mom doesn't love it either...I think we've found the recessive gene :). Can't wait to see you guys this summer!

    ReplyDelete