Enjoy reading about the antics of four wild boys and the parents who love them.

Age 13

Age 13

B & Z

B & Z

Age 7

Age 7

Age 14

Age 14

Age 6

Age 6

tatertots and jello


eighteen25

our best bites

Nie Nie Dialogue

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

New Year

We have been so excited to enjoy the crazy New England weather.  We were worried about the cold...me more than the boys since I HATE cold.  I heard it was "bone-chilling" because of the humidity.  Prayers have been answered as the weather still hits in the 50's and even 60's. I guess they're only MY prayers, the boys would love to sled, build snowballs, make forts and the like.

Preparations for our new home have been progressing, the zoning permit meeting is this month, so if all goes well we can start building in March.  (More prayers for great weather.)  We found great builders and a great lot...yeah!!

The most exciting thing to celebrate this New Year...yes even more than building our own house...is our commitment to get out of debt.  Not exciting you say?! Well after many years of marriage we have paid off and incurred more debt than I am willing to admit.  Enter Mom and Dad's Christmas gift...Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University.  I am the free spirit Dave talks about and have never liked the nitty-gritty of budgeting.  BUT seeing the numbers and the absolute joy in my  husband's face when he was given the perfect plan (and finally a willing wife) to get out of debt was life-changing.  And we just started!  I want peace from the bondage of Debt.
I am not blogging this for any of my two readers...but for me.  I am getting it out for all to see, so I have some accountability.  Now as I post I will also comment on this journey periodically.
Happy New Year!!

2 comments:

  1. you totally have more than 2 readers! Stef loves Dave Ramsey too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matt and I took FPU 2 years ago and are working on baby steps 4-6. Freedom in deed. Way to go for you guys!

    ReplyDelete