Enjoy reading about the antics of four wild boys and the parents who love them.

Age 13

Age 13

B & Z

B & Z

Age 7

Age 7

Age 14

Age 14

Age 6

Age 6

tatertots and jello


eighteen25

our best bites

Nie Nie Dialogue

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

No Thank You

I was up last night reading Financial Peace by Dave Ramsey.  The chapter where he discussed how Nerds and Free Spirits go about their financial lives in a marriage was funny and enlightening.   I am a Free Spirit...I just hate budget meetings and hate being told "no, you can't get that."  Over the past month, I have learned of the joy of saying to myself..."Do you really need this, Do you want to spend your money on this, Can you wait until later?"  I have also learned to tell my spoiled-brat inner child, "NO!" I am so excited to teach this to my kids as well.  I hope they see us struggling to get out of debt, and never, ever make the same mistakes we did.  Put it on a card...?  "NO, Thank You!"

1 comment:

  1. I too, have a super hard time with my inner brat! LOL! What a great way to put it! Hope you guys found the appliances you wanted yesterday!

    ReplyDelete